Base Specialist Rope Workers Harness
- The Rescue is the base model of the Rescue Pro harness, for fast and safe work in the areas of rescue and rope access.
- High quality padding in the hip, leg and shoulder area.
- Fixable rear fall arrest D-ring.
- Inbuilt fall indicator.
- Fast easy fastening system.
- A total of six tool loops, four on the hip area and one on each leg strap.
- Note no in-built chest ascender.
- Weight 2.7 kg.
- 2 Sizes XS-M & L-XL.
- Complies with AS/NZS 1891.1.2007.
Inspection requirements for harnesses based on AS/NZS 1891.4:2009 Industrial fall-arrest systems and devices Part 4: Selection, use and maintenance are defined in section 9 of the standard under the heading Inspection, Maintenance and Storage.
In summary these are the basic requirements:
Harnesses must be inspected before and after each use by a height safety operator. If the user/operator of the equipment is not competent to carry out the inspection, the inspection is then to be carried out by another person who is competent.
A height safety operator is defined in AS/NZS 1891.4:2009 clause 1.4.10 to mean “A person who is able to perform harness based work at heights under the direct supervision of a height safety supervisor”.
In addition to the before and after each use inspections, harnesses also need to be inspected 6 monthly by a height safety equipment inspector. This inspection needs to be documented.
A height safety equipment inspector is defined in AS/NZS 1891.4:2009 clause 1.4.8 to mean “A person who is competent in the skills needed to detect faults in height safety equipment and to determine remedial action”.
It is noted that should your harness be subjected to harsh conditions more frequent inspections may be required.
WARNING: The documentation above is intended as a guide only, please consult the full standard for supplementary material and the manufacturer for harness specific advice.